The HVAC Technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems. You will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements. You will be responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs.
To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety, and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
HVAC Technician Responsibilities
- Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
- Assisting with customers’ queries.
HVAC Technician Requirements
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.